I just love it when I grow something! I don't know why, but it feels like a huge accomplishment! What I love even more than growing things, is when whatever is being grown can be put to a functional use. We got back from Christmas break and I was so excited because we didn't have anything on the horizon. First because we could actually live in our house together and second, so I could start my herb garden indoors!
I ran into a bit of a dilemma because all of the gardening stores around here aren't ready to start the 2012 growing season. I really wanted lemon verbana, but that was no where to be found. Instead I found parsley. I did a little more searching and also found lemon basil. The pictures today are of the sprouting lemon basil in a lovely yellow pot (so I can remember what it is without labeling it!) :) I haven't decided what recipes I'm going to use this in once it's ready for eating, but I'm so excited!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment