Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yummy BBQ Chicken

I must have been pretty vocal about my want to use my crockpot on a more consistent basis because I received not only one, but two fantastic crockpot books for Christmas!

Today's recipe comes from the recipe book Our Favorite Slow-Cooker recipes by Gooseberry Patch that my mom got me. Here's the link if you'd like to get one of your own! 
 http://www2.gooseberrypatch.com/gooseberry/products.nsf/v.weball/m429?editdocument&lid=is_m429&cartprocess=textsr

I have to admit that I was pretty proud of how this recipe turned out! (Sorry no pictures of it) Hubby was pretty impressed as well! It was like a pulled-pork sandwich, but with chicken!!!

Yummy BBQ Chicken
4 boneles, skinless chicken breasts (I only had 3 and it worked fine)
3/4 c. chicken broth
1 c. barbecue sauce
1 sweet onion, sliced
salt and pepper to taste

Place ingredients in the slow cooker; stir gently. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 hours or on low setting for 6 to 7 hours.

Yummy bbq chicken is right! Yum yum yum! I just ate the leftovers as my lunch!

Happy cooking and eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment